Sunday, October 24, 2010

Art in Embassies Program

I had a nice surprise this week! I had applied to the Art In Embassies program sometime back and hadn't heard anything. But this week I was contacted by the curator of the program to include  Reflections, Burano, Italy, var. 2 in the 2.5 year exhibition for the official U. S. Embassy residence in Vientiane, Laos. She wrote:

 " We are interested in focusing on fiber works as there is a strong textile tradition in Laos, as well as on water imagery, as the Mekong River is the life blood of the country. Your work, and particular your Reflections series, seems to be a perfect fit for the project."

After thinking about it for a nanosecond I said yes. I am thrilled and honored to be included and am reminded that getting your work out there may take time but good things can happen in unexpected times and ways!

 

2 comments: