Monday, October 22, 2012

What's Happening!


It has been a busy couple of months! Every time I think I am going to sit down and write something, stuff happens. I am busy and happy working in my studio and have participated in several exhibits there. Last month I was asked to be part of a new interior design gallery called TishStudio.com that carries one of a kind interior home furniture and art. Also, I have artwork that is off to several major exhibits:

Reflections, var. 19 is part of The Seasonal Palette exhibit at the International Quilt Festival in Houston and then will travel to several other shows.

Mingled Waters is off to Houston also for the exhibit A Sense of Scale.


Barry's Robe is going to be part of an exhibit in Lowell, MA called Encounter With Cancer which I wish I was able to go and see.

I have an article coming out about digitally printing fabrics in the Dec/January issue of Quilting Arts.

Leaf Kicking Boots will be part of the Women's Journeys in Fiber exhibit at the Fine Art of Fiber at the Chicago Botanic Garden from November 1-4.

4th Friday at The Starline Gallery is coming up on October 26 and I have 3 pieces in the juried exhibit there and the studio will be open.

And last, but definitely not least, my piece, Forest Floor, var. 2 has been selected for Quilt National 2013 and is already on its way to Athens, Ohio for the catalog photo shoot.

Now I can see why I have been so busy - it has been good to get so much work out the door to various places and events.

I hope some of you can visit one of these exhibits. If you need more information, please email me at: BJSCO@comcast.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment