Friday, December 15, 2017

Mindful, Day 345, One Last Reminder

As I enter the last stretch of days to the end of the year I need to give myself one last reminder about the purpose of this blog!

Mindful –
Every Day I see and hear something that more or less kills me with delight, that leaves me like a needle in the haystack of light. It is what I was born for – to look, to listen, to lose myself inside this soft world – to instruct myself over and over in joy, and acclamation. Nor am I talking about the exceptional, the fearful, the dreadful, the very extravagant- but of the ordinary, the common, the very drab, the daily presentations. Oh, good scholar, I say to myself, how can you help but grow wise with such teachings as these- the untrimmable light of the world, the oceans shine, the prayers that are made out of grass?  Mary Oliver

So, over the next few weeks I will continue to observe and find those small, insignificant things that add joy to my days.


No comments:

Post a Comment