Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mindful, Day 132, Remembering Moms

It's Mother's Day and I had a chance to spend time yesterday plant shopping/lusting with my 2 daughters. It's not often that we can all get together outside of a family event or crisis and just have a chance to enjoy one another's company. So it was a special day. Today I will think of all the Moms that have been in my life - from those I barely remember (like great-grandmothers) to grandmothers and aunts, my sisters, nieces, and most especially my own Mom. I think of my friend's Moms and how they miss them or are struggling with the issues of aging. I think of stepchildren's Mom, who they miss dearly. I think of my stepdaughter and daughter-in-law, both great Moms trying to raise caring and responsible kids. And I think of everything that some of these Moms have missed because they left this life to soon. So I am mindful that this time together is special and we should take the time to savor it.
Charlotte Koenig Hess Nielsen ( my Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment