Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Mindful, Day 148, Wandering Around

The evolution of this monoprint continues. The original was a rubbing of the cut lines left on my mat cutting board (all the little short black lines in the background). Then I monoprinted with the dried grass laid between the inked plate and the paper with the cuts. And I really liked the results but wondered what would happen if I blew it up and printed it on a linen/canvas fabric LARGE (40 x 54).  And now I have that back and really like the results because I can see all kinds of tones in the backgorund and all those little cut lines have gotten bigger and more interesting. So next steps are TBD. Emphasize the cut lines with stitching? Emphasize the grass line, create more texture in background, overprint other images, do as little as posible because it's OK as it is? Lots of tryouts in my future. And then, of course, there is the possiblity of reshooting the results and taking that in a new direction. This is why I love what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment