Thursday, February 9, 2017

Mindful, Day 39, Tangled




I am still exploring the photos I took at  the Noah Purifoy Outddor Art Museum. I am taken with this structure made of wires, springs and odd pieces of chainlink fence. I love how such simple bits and pieces becomes something intriguing. As you walk around and under it the patterns are constantly changing against the sky. I think about working with such materials - how much of it forms itself because of its characteristics and how much the artist had to bend it to his will.  I think that he might have let it have its way! Now the wind is the change agent. If you stand here awhile it becomes muscial -  the wind interacting with the sculpture.  I am going to work with  details of some of these photos and see what I can see in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment