Sunday, February 12, 2017

Mindful, Day 42, Surprise Viewing


On my 4th attempt to complete more of the strenuous Art Smith hiking trail I have an up close viewing of a group of 5 bighorn sheep. They are big - the size of deer! It was quite a surprise as I have only ever seen one at a far distance. This group was coming up from a wash where there was lots of new green grass, went over the trail, up the side of the mountain, posed one by one at the top of the ridge and then continued on their way! It was such a wonderful interlude. I spent about 15 minutes watching them and they did not seem the least concerned about me (thankfully).  The last sheep up knocked down quite a number of rocks at the top so I moved along quickly in case they the rocks were going to pick up speed and bring an avallanche down around me.  I still am thrilled to have gotten to see the bighorns this close. A great start to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment