Friday, March 10, 2017

Mindful, Day 68, Black and White



I have been working away on this piece, maybe to be called, Through a Glass Darkly, for awhile. It was a photo of a glass block window - the thick glass that bends light and creates all kinds of patterns. I enlarged it to about 40 inches which totally changed it from something light to something dark.  I am trying to stitch it to emphasize the larger patterns that swirl through it. Every time I look at it I see something different which I  like. On the other hand, maybe it is just too disorganized as it is. I don't want to add more for the sake of more, it needs to have a purpose. And right now I don't know what the purpose is - so I think it has to hang around in the studio for awhile and see what develops. Mindful=patience=solution, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment